The Reflex Fiction flash fiction contest is always open for entries. Below you’ll find the important dates for the flash fiction contest that’s currently open for entries. Entries must be received before midnight UK time at the end of the closing date shown. Entries that miss the deadline will roll over to the next competition.
Reflex Fiction is more than a flash fiction contest. We also publish one story every day as we count down to the winner of each contest. Below you’ll find our publishing schedule including dates when the long-listed stories and winners will be published.
Autumn 2018 – Open for Entries
Prizes: £1,000 first, £500 second, £250 third
(approx. $1,330, $665, $330)
Deadline: August 31, 2018
Entry fee: £7 / $9 / €9
Judge: Annemarie Neary
- Entries close: August 31, 2018
- Judging: September 2018
- Long-list announced: October 1, 2018
- Winner published: December 31, 2018
After the long-list has been announced, we’ll publish one story each day culminating in the publication of the winning stories at the end of December.
Summer 2018 – Counting Down to Winners
(Entries closed on May 31, 2018 | Prizes = £1,000 / £500 / £250 | Judge: Sherrie Flick)
The Summer 2018 Long-list was published on July 1, 2018. We are now publishing one non-winning story every day as we count down to the publication of the winning stories at the end of September. Here’s the Summer 2018 publishing schedule:
- July 1–August 19*: Some of our favourite stories that just missed the long-list
- August 20*–September 27: Non-winning long-listed stories
- September 28: Third place story
- September 29: Second place story
- September 30: First place story & Judge’s report
*Dates subject to change due to withdrawals etc.
Winter 2018 – Opening Soon
- Entries open: September 1, 2018
- Entries close: November 30, 2018
- Longlist announced: January 1, 2019
- Winner published: March 31, 2019